About Me


            This blog is about my struggles with PTSD and how it affects my family, friends, and anyone I come in contact with on a daily basis.  So a little about me…  I’m very clumsy.  I always have been clumsy, but the older I get the better that seems to be going.  Oh, and I snore – very loudly.  I guess that comes with the big nose?  I’m not sure, but I’m positive these big feet are land yachts.  Enough about the outward appearance, though, let’s talk about something else: Mr. Brain.  You see, Mr. Brain has his own thing going on nowadays, and I’m mostly along for the ride.  Ever since the first time I experienced someone trying to kill me, Mr. Brain has been on a tangent. If you haven’t read, “Ice in the Sand,” you will not understand the point I’m trying to make here so run over to the blog entries and read it, please - you won’t be disappointed.
            I was born and raised in a small town in Louisiana, graduated high school and joined the Louisiana National Guard at the young age of 17 in the year of 1999.  After eight years I quit and swore I would never return.  Two years later, I enlisted in the Active U.S. Army, trained on my job, and soon deployed to fight in Iraq - one can read more on this in some of my posts.  After returning from Iraq and spending sixteen months at home, I deployed to South Korea for 13 months.  After returning home I was assigned to the 101st Airborne Unit and later medically discharged for my hip and shoulder problems.  After teaching for Lockheed Martin for six months, I decided to pursue my own business in Tennessee.  After achieving financial stability, my Wife and I moved back home to Louisiana.  I recently went back to school at 36 years of age and I am now working on my degree.  I have been married for 14 years, and we have four children. 
           

Comments

Popular Posts